A decent cuppa has always been a staple of our daily lives, never more so since spending so much time at home.
Here at ‘Welsh Brew’ we really believe that tea makes things better. It comforts us and brings us together. Whether you live alone or are surrounded by a family brood, taking five minutes to have a chat or just relax with a brew is good for the soul.
We’ve been blending our teas for over thirty years and are passionate about all thing’s tea. Now things are starting to get back to a new normal, a lovely cup of tea is still up there as one of our favourite pastimes. Which is why whenever you make a brew, we want it to be the perfect brew…
Here are our top tips for the perfect cuppa:
- Boiling water
- Boiling water (I know I am repeating myself here) but the most important thing you can do when making a fresh brew is to always use freshly boiled water.
- TEA POT! If you have the luxury of time and are making your tea in a teapot, warm it with a splash of boiling water, throw it away and place one teabag per person. Pour on the freshly boiled water and leave to brew and infuse for 3 – 5 minutes. The longer you leave it the more flavour, strength, and colour you will get.
- Pour into your cup and add milk and sugar to taste.
- CUP! If you are in a hurry which let’s face it most of us usually are. Warm the cup with a splash of boiling water. Discard the water and fill with freshly boiled water. Leave to brew for 3 – 5 minutes. We know this requires patience, but it makes all the difference. Add milk and sugar to taste.
- The critical debate! MILK FIRST, OR SECOND – If you have made tea in the pot, it does not matter which comes first because you have done all the infusing in the pot.
But! And this is the important bit… If making in a cup always add milk SECOND because if you put it in before the hot water, it means your lovely freshly boiled water will not be 100 degrees when it meets the teabag and therefore will not infuse properly.
Why not try our new Wellness Tea?
In case you missed it! We launched our brand new Wellness Tea… a pure green tea combined with natural flora & unique Welsh Honey, to create a refreshing infusion that supports your well-being & the environment.
This refreshing & invigorating blend combines the natural goodness of green tea (high in antioxidants) & real Welsh Honey (using 100% natural honey flakes), with hand-picked wildflowers (naturally high in health promoting polyphenols & salicylates), all scientifically developed to support your well-being.